SFPE Online Seminars and Webinars - Update
Dear all SFPE UK Chapter members and supporters,
First of all, I hope that you are all well, safe and healthy during these unprecedented times.
Secondly, this is just to inform you that our UK Chapter CPD programme has been paused and in the near future we will advise on future CPD activities. We are hoping this will not take too long.
However, we like to raise awareness that SFPE HQ have increased their offer of online seminars and webinars, which might be of interest to you. The webinars are free for SFPE Members and a fee will be applicable for non-members. The presentations will cover a wide range of topics and will be given by experts from all around the globe.
Please see below the planned programme over the coming months as well as links how to register.
The SFPE UK Chapter committee wishes you all well. Stay safe.
Seminars (Complete information and registration at >https://www.sfpe.org/page/Seminars)
- Understanding Human Behavior - Live Online Seminar.
3 Part Series: Module 1 - April 27; Module 2 - April 29; Module 3 - May 1, at 17:00-19:30 CET
Presented by: Chris Jelenewicz, PE, FSFPE
- Advanced Fire Dynamic Simulator and Smokeview - Live Online Seminar. 15 Part Series:
May 4-June 5; Monday, Wednesday, and Fridays at 17:00 – 18:30 CET.
Presented by: Bryan Klein
Webinars (Complete information and registration at >https://www.sfpe.org/page/SFPEWebinarSeries):
- Date: Monday, April 20, 2020. Time: 17:00 -18:00 CET. Solving for ‘Why?’ - Grenfell Tower 3 Years On… Presented by: Neil Gibbons, Director, GIB Fire Risk Services, LTD; Nicholos Ozog, Senior Associate, WJE; Dan Lemieux, Director of International Operations and Principal, WJE
- Date: Thursday, April 23, 2020. Time: 17:00 -18:00 CET. Specific Application Window Sprinklers. Presented by: Manny Silva, Chief Engineer/Fellow, Johnson Controls
- Date: Monday, April 27, 2020. Time: 17:00 -18:00 CET. PoE, A Digital Extension Of Architectural And Engineering Evolution: An Overview Of Tentative Applications On Fire. Presented by: Ernesto Vega, Senior Manager Opportunities Development, IEEE Standards Association
- Date: Monday, May 4, 2020. Time: 17:00 -18:00 CET. PE Licensure - How and Why?. Presented by: Kevin M. Black, Senior Consulting Engineer, Simpson Gumpertz & Heger (SGH)
- Date: Wednesday, May 6, 2020. Time: 17:00 -18:00 CET. Vent to Prevent Corrosion: NFPA 13 Guidelines for Air Venting in Wet Fire Sprinkler Systems. Presented by: Jim McHugh, President, AGF Manufacturing
- Date: Monday, May 18, 2020. Time: 17:00 -18:00 CET. A Framework for Fire Safety in Informal Settlements. Presented by: Danielle Antonellis, Senior Engineer, Arup.
- Date: Thursday, May 28, 2020. Time: 16:00 AM - 17:00 CET. The FIRIA Project: The Development of an Integrated and Quantitative Methodology to Asses Fire and Radiological Release Risks. Presented by:Giordana Gai, Fire Safety Engineer, CERN; Saverio La Mendola, OHS Deputy Leader, CERN
- Date: Monday, June 8, 2020. Time: 17:00 -18:00 CET. Evacuation Strategies in an Office Building: How a PBD Approach Guarantees an Acceptable Safety Level. Presented by: Matteo Pugnalin, Performance Based Design Manager, Guidi & Partners S.r.l.
- Date: Thursday, July 9, 2020. Time: 16:00-17:00 CET. Alternative Approach for Performing ASET-RSET Analyses in Practice. Presented by: IJsbrand Van Straalen, Senior Scientist, TNO
- Date: Monday, Tuesday, July 14, 2020 AUS. Time: 15:00 -16:00 CET. Fire Safety in Schools: Analysis of Human Factors. Presented by: Glenn Hamilton, Senior Fire Engineer, Sotera
- Date: Thursday, September 17, 2020. Time: 14:00 -15:00 CET. The Japan and US Fire Safety Contrast: Verifying Fire and Life Safety Performance. Presented by: Joseph Vaughn, Japan and Pacific Rim Operations Director, Jensen Hughes
- Date: Monday, August 17, 2020. Time: 17:00 -18:00 CET. Imaging Through Fire Using Narrow Spectrum Illumination. Presented by: Matthew Hoehler, Research Structural Engineer, NIST; Christopher Smith, Senior Engineer, Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance
- Date: Monday, October 12, 2020. Time: 17:00 -18:00 CET. Promoting Growth While Regulating High Density Development. Presented by: Jeremy L. McDonald, Senior Engineer, City of San Antonio & Yungwei Tang, Senior Engineer, City of San Antonio
- Date: Monday, November 9, 2020. Time: 17:00 -18:00 CET. Quantifying Vent Gas Production in Lithium-Ion Batteries. Presented by: Robert Kennedy, Graduate Research Assistant, University of Texas at Austin Fire Research Group
- Date: Monday, December 7, 2020. Time: 17:00 -18:00 CET. Impact of Ventilation on Fire Patterns in Full-Scale Structure. Presented by: Daniel Madrzykowski, Research Engineer, UL LLC